Back End Engineer
Our Mission 🚀
Trainline is the leading independent rail and coach travel platform selling rail and coach tickets to millions of travellers worldwide. Via our highly rated website and mobile app, people can seamlessly search, book and manage their journeys all in one place. We bring together millions of routes, fares and journey times from 270+ rail and coach carriers across 45 countries. We offer our customers the best price for their journey and smart, real time travel information on the go. Our aim is to make rail and coach travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices.
Technology @ Trainline 🚄
Over half of our staff are technologists who are making an impact on how people travel through the use of high-quality software.
At Trainline we have a modern and scalable tech platform that is built for volume and feature growth. Our mission is to find the perfect journey for our customer, and to do it in a fast, intuitive, reliable, and economic way. In a highly dynamic industry and with the ever-changing needs of our users, we must be ready to act, test, and measure quickly, in a way that only extensive and focused use of technology can enable us to. We have the power to revolutionise our customers’ travel experience through technology innovation.
Introducing the Connections Team 👋
Did you know that Trainline sells the rail + coach tickets of 270+ transport operating companies in 45 countries? Those numbers are constantly growing and the Connections Team focus on building & supporting new and existing integrations with these companies. At Trainline, we make it possible to book travel from Milan to Paris or from Madrid to Marseille. Our connections team are at the centre of making that happen. They are a cross-functional operating in Paris and London, with an offshore team in Porto.
As a Software Engineer at Trainline, you will...🚄
- Use cutting edge technology to deliver world-class solutions
- Deliver new functionalities, using the most appropriate tools & techniques
- Continuously improve the code base, removing technical debt + provide excellent customer experience when applicable.
- Work in a cross-functional team with all the skills necessary to deliver the product end to end
But why should you join?🤔
You will be working in a high performing and collaborative multi-cultural team. We have over 40 nationalities across our 3 offices in London, Paris and Edinburgh who work closely together.
We want our people to stretch their minds, abilities, and share their knowledge. Each year we hold The Trainline Tech Summit, which provides Trainliners with an opportunity to stand up and share their story, learnings, or new skills with their colleagues in a safe environment.
We've always paid special attention to flexible working as we value a strong work/life balance. The pandemic has taught us that a balance between remote working and being in a collaborative office environment leads to productive teams.
Our Culture 🤗
Everything begins with great people, as well as aptitude we put a heavy emphasis on attitude.
Coaches Over Heroes
· We prioritise the focus on being one team over elevating the heroics of an individual, for us the true heroes are those who are excellent at nurturing, coaching and generous in sharing their knowledge with others.
· Everything that we do takes into account the morale of every member of our team, their opportunities for growth and for participation in exciting challenges.
Mentoring and Learning
· We have a mentoring community that is constantly growing, we provide people with mentors or buddies from various teams.
· We hire awesome people capable of making smart decisions - empowerment is a great enabler of agility. It is within a supportive team that you will feel the strength to thrive and try new things knowing that everyone will be there for you along the way.
We'd love to hear from you if you...🔍
- Thrive in a diverse, open and collaborative environment
- Have excellent knowledge in a software language such as Ruby, Java or Python
- Love working on Agile development practices
- Have a consistent background in software development in high volume environments