Full Stack Engineer GovTech
Do you want to join us on our mission to shape democracies for the digital age? Are you looking for an international and fast-paced, yet collaborative and inclusive environment to thrive in?
You have come to the right place.
CitizenLab, a global social impact scale-up with its HQ in Brussels, and presence in New York, works to make public decision-making more participatory, inclusive, and responsive. The SaaS platform is already being used by 300+ local governments and organizations in over 18 countries, facilitating two-way communication between governments and their residents. Since it was founded in 2015, CitizenLab has given 750,000+ community members a direct voice in local politics, has earned recognition as the 'Best Social Impact Startup in Europe', and was featured in outlets such as The New York Times and Forbes.
CitizenLab is looking for purpose-driven talent to join us on our mission to enable millions of people in cities across the globe to shape the future of their communities.
Full-Stack Engineer at CitizenLab
As a Full-Stack Engineer in the Engagement squad, you contribute to our core product, which allows local governments to engage their community members through a wide range of digital participation methods. Youâre part of a cross-functional squad. While you can contribute to both our Ruby back-end and our React front-end, you specialize in one. You help your colleagues to bridge knowledge gaps.
At CitizenLab, we work in small teams where members collectively take ownership of the outcome of the features they build. We work in short iterations, test rigorously and release continuously. Weâre strong believers in user testing and understanding live product usage.
You actively contribute to the specifications of new features, uncovering technical constraints and breaking down the work in iterations and tasks.
You take ownership over your tasks and implement them in close contact with your colleagues.
You take into account all aspects, from data models to testing, to performance, delivering well-engineered scalable solutions.
You bridge the back-end/front-end knowledge gaps for your colleagues, seeing the full picture.
You deliver your work in small iterations, often soliciting feedback from colleagues, spontaneously and through code reviews.
What do we expect from you?
As our Full-Stack Engineer with a front or back-end focus:
You have multiple years of experience developing in Ruby on Rails or React and have at least played around with the other, or very similar. Experience with Elixir is a plus.
You know how to implement a modern user interface.
You know how to implement a sound API.
Youâre a firm believer in well-tested and peer-reviewed code.
You take initiative and like to be challenged.
The ability to relocate to Brussels is a plus, but not a requirement.
Eagerness to learn, talent, and enthusiasm are more important than ticking the boxes. Even if not all desired requirements are met, but you're very excited about the role, we want to hear from you.
What can you expect from us?
- Unlock your full potential and create social impact at scale. Day-to-day, we work with local government leaders across the world to help them connect with their communities.
- Become a key factor in our rapid transition from a startup to a scaleup (50 employees), and our international expansion.
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and supportive environment. We share a participatory culture of autonomy and ownership by everyone, not only by leadership.
- Be part of our dynamic, international team. We are as serious about our work in digital democracy as we are about having fun on our journey together.
- Enjoy an informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results.
- Participate in our various hybrid (in-person/remote) team events, inspiring team lunches, our company book club, bi-quarterly strategic town halls, and yearly global team retreats.
- Spend 10% of your time on personal projects and self-development for the long run. Weâre committed to both collective and individual growth.
- Receive a competitive salary package, incl. perks such as 26 paid holidays, a professional development budget, a collective bonus plan, your own laptop, full flexibility on working from home, and much more.
CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
Job from RemoteOk.io