QuickCheck is a fast-growing Fintech building the leading mobile bank for Nigeria.
A large portion of the Nigerian population has no access to proper banking services. We leverage artificial intelligence to build an intelligent product, which wants to be much more than just another neo-bank in Africa. Our app-based solution has been downloaded by 1.5 million people and has processed over 3.5 million micro-credit applications. A Dream Team of 100+ people hustle everyday between Nigeria and Portugal to make our crazy vision a reality - and won’t rest until our app is in the hands of millions!
QuickCheck is seeking to hire a 'hands-on' Full Stack Python/Django Software Engineer to join our team in Porto. The ideal candidate will write software solutions that will change the way people perceive and use technology. You will work in new generation mobile-first applications using the most recent methodologies and technologies: Android/Kotlin and React Native.
- You take pride in the code you write - it's clean, organised, and elegant
- You want to work in an agile environment - we move quickly and ship code often
- You really hate when stuff breaks and it keeps you up at night
- You see the bigger picture (you realise that there are exciting tasks and then there's bug fixing) but at the end of the day you're happy we're moving forward as a team, as a company, and as a product
- You're friendly, interesting, and cool to hang out with
- You are a quick learner - you pick up new frameworks and technologies quickly
- You have a strong understanding of Android (Java or Kotlin), React Native is a plus
- Python and Django knowledge is a plus
- Comfortable with SQL databases
- Comfortable with Git
- Write a unit test, but are not militant about things like testing frameworks and code coverage
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an international team
- High degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication and get “shit” done attitude
- Private health insurance scheme
- Flexible working hours