Full Stack Software Engineer
Prominent Edge is seeking highly talented and passionate Software Engineers to join our phenomenal software development team. We are a 100% remote company, so successful candidates must be highly self-motivated and capable of working independently. We do, however, share knowledge and talk across projects and topics on a daily basis. Since we are primarily a software engineering services company, you'll have exposure to a variety of technologies as opposed to having to work on one product or stack for too long.
We've been a 100% remote company before it was cool to be remote. We hire the best talent and always strive to exceed expectations. We leverage best-of-breed open source technologies to provide our customers with innovative user centric solutions. We invest in our company culture and make sure that we have fun. We also have exceptional benefits such as free quality healthcare for your entire family. If this sounds like the type of environment in which you would thrive, and you qualify for the position below, please apply -- weâd love to hear from you! Visit our careers page. (https://prominentedge.com/careers) to learn more.
- 5+ years experience as a Full-Stack Software Engineer, experienced working in an Agile development environment
- Experience leading project teams through the full development life cycle, including requirements analysis, architecture, design, coding, testing, and delivery of solutions
- Backend development skills using server-side frameworks, such as NodeJS/Express, Flask, Django, or Spring
- Database skills (e.g., Elasticsearch, Postgres/PostGIS, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Highly self-motivated and results-oriented team player
- Unwavering integrity and commitment to excellence
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
Additional Skills (âNice to Haveâ)
- Open source geospatial technologies, such as Mapbox GL, GeoServer, etc.
- Data visualization using technologies such as D3, Kibana, etc
- Containerization and container orchestration, preferably using Docker and Kubernetes
- Cloud computing, especially using AWS services such as S3, RDS, SQS, EMR, or Kinesis
- Serverless approaches, preferably using AWS Lambda and Serverless Framework
- DevOps and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), using technologies such as Jenkins or AWS CodeBuild
- 3D game engine or 3D web experience, using technologies such as CesiumJS, WebGL, Unity, or Unreal
- Advanced technologies (machine learning, computer vision, image processing, data mining, data analytics), using tools such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or Apache Spark
- Scrum Master
- Active (or ability to obtain) Security Clearance
- Advanced degree (MS or MBA)
- Six weeks paid time off per year
- Six percent 401(k) matching, vested immediately
- Company-paid, low-deductible healthcare for the entire family
- Straight-time overtime pay for all employees
- Flex time (i.e., adjust your hours to fit your schedule)
- Paid training, courses, and conferences
- Laptop upgrades
- Work from the comfort of your own home!
- This organization participates in E-Verify
Job from RemoteOk.io