Lead Backend Engineer
Koia is a FinTech startup looking to change the world of alternative assets. Via our mobile app, we enable anyone to easily invest in alternative assets at the click of a button.
We believe in opening up opportunities, from assets to education. The worldâs wealthiest have invested in assets such as fine wine, art and watches for hundreds of years. The same opportunities have remained out of reach to most people. We plan to change that.
Koia is bringing passion, excitement and a human touch to todayâs faceless world of investing. Weâre making investing engaging and community is at the core of what we do.
We are a diverse founding team and will consider applicants from all backgrounds.
We take tech seriously and are looking for an experienced backend Engineer to join the team working directly with our Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
As one of our first hires, you will become an integral senior team member working directly with the founders at this exciting stage in Koiaâs journey.
The role will be âremote firstâ, however, there will be opportunities to work in person either in London, UK or Tallinn, Estonia.
- Youâll be designing and engineering backend systems for our consumer driven products.
- You will take ownership of Koiaâs backend development across our full tech stack, which currently includes; MongoDB Atlas, Python Flask and various products across the AWS landscape. We are currently operating an iOS application, but are planning on building Android and web applications next.
What youâll bring to the role
We are looking for an experienced backend engineer who can seamlessly integrate into our core team and take full responsibility for backend development. You will primarily be working with our CTO, but will also be engaging with the wider management team on a regular basis.
- Desire to work in an innovative FinTech startup with a passion for our mission at Koia
- 3+ year of relevant backend development experience
- Extensive Python, Flask, MongoDB, AWS, CDK, CI/CD, Github experience
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently (CEFR B2/IELTS 6 or above, or equivalent experience)
Nice to have, but not essential
- Experience within a FinTech or startup environment
- Passionate about alternative assets, collectibles or investing generally
- Degree in Computer Science or technical field
- Decentralised finance (DeFi) / Blockchain experience
- Data science experience
- Experience working within a regulated business
Why join us?
- Join as one of our first hires working directly with the founding team
- Ability to work flexible hours if you wish
- Competitive compensation arrangement
- All the tech you need
- Full Time
- Not Available
Job from RemoteOk.io