Lead Engineer Full Stack
Redesign Health is a healthcare innovation platform. We bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors to elevate healthcare companies that empower people to live their healthiest lives. Our first companies include Lively, Ever/Body, Vault Health, Springtide, HealthQuarters, Calibrate, Proper, Anomaly, Jasper, MedArrive, DUOS, and stealth ventures in behavioral health, physical therapy, health plan navigation, health equity, insurtech, and kidney care. Weâre capitalized with permanent capital from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs.
About Keen We are launching a new venture in the health plan navigation space called Keen. You will join Keenâs team of experts from health and insurance who believe that a benevolent brokerage will deliver a better experience helping seniors navigate the complexities of selecting and engaging with the right Medicare Advantage plan and associated services.
About The Job As Lead Full Stack Engineer of Keen, you will join our pre-launch team and help set the technical direction for the company. You will be the first full-time Engineer and will play a key role in setting the technical direction of the company.
You will report to Keenâs Director of Product and work alongside other internal and external development resources, in addition to partnering with the rest of Keenâs management team. This is a fully remote position.
What you'll do:
- Partner with the head of product development and an experienced, collaborative, and known contract development team to set up a from-scratch development process, platform architecture, and tech stack, as a foundation for an innovative insuretech offering.
- Have access to the contract dev teamâs specific areas of expertise, but you will be responsible for laying the groundwork for future development.
- Develop features for our MVP and help take it into Alpha, Beta, and beyond, including data models, APIs, business logic, partner integrations, cloud infrastructure, mobile responsive UI.
- Understand and implement best practices for data protection and privacy (HIPAA environments a plus).
What you'll need:
- 7+ years software development experience.
- 3+ years experience thinking through overall product technical architecture and building 0 to 1 products.
- Leading teams and mentoring mid/junior level devs.
- Expertise in building consumer-facing and visually engaging platforms with advanced UX/UI front ends.
- Expertise in building external user-facing products (consumer or B2B).
- Expertise with Cloud-based infrastructure and operations.
- Experience with backend technologies including Next.js and PHP (Python/R is a plus).
- Thinking through data storage with regards to scalability, retrievability, and security.
- Agile development OR a willingness to learn and try it.
- Experience building mobile-first technology is a plus.
- Communicates Effectively. Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. Attentively listens to others. Adjusts to fit the audience and the message. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization. Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions. Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages Ambiguity. Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change. Effectively handles risk. Can decide and act without having the total picture. Is calm, and productive, even when things are up in the air. Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes. Operating effectively, even when things are not certain of the way forward is unclear.
- Ensure Accountability. Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same. Acts with a clear sense of ownership. Takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures. Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results. Designs feedback loops into work. Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
As part of your duties, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career, you will be expected to follow the companyâs security and privacy procedures to ensure our usersâ information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
For this role the expected compensation range for candidates in Colorado is $110,000.00 - $170,000.00, with specific compensation based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience.
Job from RemoteOk.io