Lead Ruby on Rails Developer
This position is 100% remote. We're looking for an experienced RoR developer, with interest or experience in leading small development teams. This means anywhere from actively developing, leading, and guiding other developers to making architectural decisions when building new features.
The job is very exciting, for eager senior RoR developer, who wants to grow into a central leadership role - with the potential of becoming CTO.
About the company:
Rentola is an online marketplace, where tenants can browse through the cataloug of thousands of available rental properties. With just a few click, a tenant can start a conversation with a landlord. The company is only about 5 years old, but today we're active in 20 countries, and still expanding. We have a central office in Copenhagen, but must of our technical team is working remotely. In total we are about 25 people employeed, and more than half work from outside the office.
Your responsibilities as our RoR developer:
Contribute to all technical aspects of the platform, including:
- Working with the Product Manager to give technical input on features.
- Developing the application (mainly Ruby on Rails) with the team.
- Guiding the team to decisions on tooling and fundamental architectural choices of the application.
- Lead, mentor and coach the existing software development team to complete their objectives and see individuals reach their full potential.
- Ensure that the software is developed to the rigorous quality standards.
- Proven track record of on-time delivery through managing the workload of a team of engineers.
- At least 6 years hands-on commercial software project experience over a range of technologies.
- Able to communicate with stakeholders and convert discussions into user requirements before building these into working software with the team.
- Experienced in technologies and methodologies used in the modern web: HTML, CSS, (Java|Type)script, RESTful APIs, HTTP, SQL and NoSQL databases, Kubernetes, Microservice versus Monolith, Containerization.
- Broad knowledge of programming and software engineering generally: Data structures, Design Patterns, Various Languages, Algorithms, Linux, Industry Best Practices.
The right fit
- You are dependable, and confident enough to mentor other developers of the team
- You take your impact seriously. You are passionate about building solutions that create sustainable, resilient, long-lasting value.
- You are a first-rate software engineer, with experience and a proven ability to think strategically, creatively, commercially, and programmatically.
Job from RemoteOk.io