At Exponential Ventures, we're working to solve big problems with exponential technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Quantum Computing, Digital Fabrication, Human-Machine Interaction, and Robotics. If you're interested in these fields, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are looking to create a positive change in the world then keep reading. We're behind the development of several Startups. The Exponential Venture's Founder is the former CTO and co-founder of Startup Foundry where he helped create startups such as Quickly Legal, Respect, Curio, and Crowdspring. We're also behind a few Open Source projects, the most notable being the Network Scanning frontend called Zenmap (formerly known as Umit) that is distributed by all mainstream Linux distributions and is used daily by hundreds of thousands of cybersecurity engineers throughout the world. It has even been featured in the movie Bourne Ultimatum! We know that quality employees are a company's greatest asset, and that is why we don't settle for anything less than the best. If we choose to work together, know that not only you will be allowed to speak your mind and contribute ideas, but you will be expected to do so at all times. We also expect our teammates to strive to grow and take the lead on the projects that we create. Currently, we're looking for a solid Product Designer that knows how to balance beauty with usability and can shift gears quickly.
And here is what you'll be doing:
- Driving design through data, understanding the reality of production use and experimenting to fine tune usability
- Prototyping experimental products and features
- Implementing strategies for standardizing design patterns across the site
- Working collaboratively, presenting ideas and sharing knowledge
- Staying up-to-date with industry best practices
- Translating design decisions into style guides, patterns and reusable components for other teammates to use to build the product
- Building strong work relationship with other team members
- Helping to build a culture that promotes and values design throughout the organization
- Getting paid to create amazing things
We're strong believers in cultivating a strong culture and a healthy work environment. Here are the benefits we offer:
- Stock Equity
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Paid Vacation
- Free books (regular, audio, ebooks)
- Time to dedicate to your own ideas and hacking events
- Annual allowance for professional development Exponential Ventures values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. We are committed to creating a work environment that is welcoming and empowering to all of our employees, and we believe that this is what makes us stronger.
Here is the professional we're looking for:
- At least 3 years of experience as an interactive designer
- Expert proficiency with Creative Suite, Sketch, Axure, Invision, Balsamiq and other web design tools
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in an agile product development environment
- Knowledge of performance consideration in mobile and web applications
- Strong understanding of mobile UX design patterns for both iOS and Android
- Never afraid to build a quick and dirty prototype to illustrate a concept or experience
- A solid portfolio that shows your ability to solve complex ui/ux problem in an elegant way
- Strong critical thinking, analytical skills and the ability to understand complex business processes
- You can comfortably articulate UX/UI tradeoffs and iterate quickly
- Scrappy start-up, entrepreneurial spirit and desire to continually grow, learn, and stretch beyond your limits is a must for all positions at Exponential Ventures.