Zyte (formerly Scrapinghub)
Python Developer - Remote
At Zyte (formerly Scrapinghub), we eat data for breakfast and you can eat your breakfast anywhere and work for Zyte. Founded in 2010, we are a globally distributed team of over 190 Zytans working from over 28 countries who are on a mission to enable our customers to extract the data they need to continue to innovate and grow their businesses. We believe that all businesses deserve a smooth pathway to data
For more than a decade, Zyte has led the way in building powerful, easy-to-use tools to collect, format, and deliver web data, quickly, dependably, and at scale. And today, the data we extract helps thousands of organizations make smarter business decisions, secure competitive advantage, and drive sustainable growth. Today, over 2,000 companies and 1 million developers rely on our tools and services to get the data they need from the web.
About the Job:
Are you interested in building web crawlers harnessing the Zyte platform, which powers crawls of over 3 billion pages a month?
Do you like working in a company with a strong open-source foundation?
Zyte is looking for Software Engineers to join our Delivery team to work on web crawler development with Scrapy, our flagship, open-source project.
- Design, develop and maintain Scrapy web crawlers.
- Leverage the Zyte platform and our open source projects to perform distributed information extraction, retrieval, and data processing
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues with distributed crawling at scale
- Help identify, debug and fix problems with open source projects, including Scrapy
- 2+ years of software development experience.
- Solid Python knowledge.
- Good communication in written English.
- Availability to work full time.
Bonus points for:
- Scrapy experience is a big plus.
- Familiarity with techniques and tools for crawling, extracting and processing data (e.g. Scrapy, NLTK, pandas, scikit-learn, mapreduce, nosql, etc).
- Good spoken English.
As a new Zytan, you will:
Become part of a self-motivated, progressive, multi-cultural team.
Have the freedom and flexibility to work from where you do your best work.
Attend conferences and meet with team members from across the globe.
Work with cutting-edge open source technologies and tools.
35 days paid holidays