We have just closed a â¬300k seed investment round and are now looking for brave and kind souls to join our team composed of more than talented engineers, designers and entrepreneurs, incredible human beings on a social-impact driven mission.
ð The problem we are trying to solve
Climate change, world-peace, accesible healthcare, are these causes that matter to you? They do to us too, deeply.
Unfortunately, the majority of efforts to tackle these and other problems, are either under-resourced or under constant economic pressure, which in turn, severely hinders their ability to produce significant results.
ð¤ What if?
What if we told you that at Somus, we are pioneering a social platform, embedded with the super-power of financially turbocharging these causes in an end-to-end transparent manner, making the world better for all of us!
Unfortunately we can't publicly share the how yet, but we can say is that our approach has been vetted by high-profile philanthropists and non-profits, in fact, some liked it so much, they became our investors.
ð About the role
Weâre looking for someone passionate and excited to create beautiful, world class social-networking backend software that will enable millions of people to contribute towards tackling causes such as climate-change, poverty relief & accesible education while âââââââ âââââââââ ââââââ ââ âââââââ âââ âââââââââââââ ââââââââ ââââ âââââ âââââââââ ââââââââââââ.
*( Sorry about that redacted text, we promise you we'll tell you all about it on our first call
ð Tech stack
Our tech stack includes but is not limited to the following.
- Native iOS Plugins
- Native Android Plugins
Remote +/- 7hrs of Central European Time
- At least 2+ years of professional development experience with Python
- Strong understanding of the Django Framework and REST APIs
- Experience with any relational databases (SQL queries, migrations, optimization)
- Developed âcomputer science fundamentalsâ, i.e. concurrency, algorithms, and data structures (Formal CS degree NOT required).
- Good understanding of the development cycle from requirements analysis and deployment to application monitoring
- Hands-on experience of developing and launching a python web application end-to-end
- Ability to take ownership over your work
- Ability to write clean and testable code
- You communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Experience with message queues (e.g. RabbitMQ, NATS, Kafka)
- Experience with WebSockets
- Experience with Stripe, AWS
ð° Compensation and benefits
We're at an early stage, therefore we unfortunately can't offer salaries similar to those of established companies.
We can however balance the offer through company equity and the freedom to work from anywhere, on your own schedule.
â¬2000 - â¬3000
0.5% - 2%
ðââï¸ About the Team
We're a fully distributed, international team, consisting of 2 senior full-stack engineers, a product designer and an incredible board of directors with combined 30+ years launching successful startups.
ð¡ How we work
Although we are eager to leave a significant positive mark on the world by pushing the limits of our professional abilities, we also firmly believe that work is something you should build around your life, not the other way around.
With freedom to work on your own terms, an inclusive and psychologically safe team and an exiting social impact driven project, we strive to be a company which fosters a healthy work/life balance.
Needless to say, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job from RemoteOk.io