Senior Backend Engineer
Weâre Basket (www.trybasket.com) â a fresh and exciting new approach to create, share and follow wishlists for the products and services you love. Basket keeps everything you add organised, up to date, and helps you make better buying decisions in your location anywhere in the world!
To continue our growth, weâre seeking a Senior Backend Engineer who has amazing skills in Python, AWS, and serverless architecture. Put it this way, youâre someone who is super comfy with microservices using serverless principles, crafting tested and well documented GraphQL endpoints, all nicely integrated with AWS services to maintain data integrity, scalability and system security.
Of course, on the team side, youâre someone who shows leadership in your communication, and acts as a positive role model. You are proactive, and continuously looking to improve yourself, help your teammates grow, and make the products youâre working on kickass! This is a big, bold, senior opportunity to join an innovative team where you will be challenged with new learning, and have a significant impact shaping a product we hope will become a global household name.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, youâll join us as a remote, full-time contractor. To thrive in this role, youâll need a track record of writing quality production code, solving complex problems, and working independently with excellent communication. Youâll join a small team of specialist engineers to build scalable and resilient microservices on AWS infrastructure for e-commerce.
What You'll Do
- Develop scalable and modular microservice applications in Python 3
- Work within our TechStack: AWS, Python3, MongoDB, GitHub, Rest APIs, GraphQL.
- Test, document and deploy code that ensures the integrity of our services.
- Add to and update our APIs and documentation.
- Create, review and optimize database operations in our applications.
- Analyze and tune application performance with a focus on efficiency throughout using analytics tools such as Lumigo, Sentry and DataDog
- Work closely with our DevOps to research, plan and architect new solutions to solve complex e-commerce challenges using microservice architecture patterns.
- Implement backend analytics tools and monitor application performance.
- Be highly organized and to collaborate effectively with remote team members.
The following are essential requirements.
- Fluent in English (writing and speaking).
- Located in a European time zone with a fast and stable internet connection.
- Minimum 7+ years of professional full-time work experience as a backend engineer.
- Advanced knowledge of Python, using pythonic code.
- Production experience with AWS services in a microservices context: (Lambda, AppSync, API Gateway, S3, SNS, SQS, Cognito, EventBridge).
- Strong experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and DynamoDB
- Passion and track record of building serverless applications (SLS, SAM, arc.codes or Chalice).
- Intuitively look for ways to keep code modular, tested, and maintainable.
- Motivated to work in a flat structure where your knowledge and input have a direct impact on product definition and business success.
- Keen to learn, share and step outside of your comfort zone.
- Interest in working on ambitious solutions to e-commerce challenges.
- A high level of energy and enthusiasm, and obvious excitement about being part of a small but ambitious team.
Good To Have
These are good to have, but not essential for the role
- University degree in computer science.
- Experience crafting machine learning algorithms.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
Our culture is built on respect, collaboration and a drive to shake up the world of shopping. Weâre at the beginning of our journey with the opportunity for new team members to lead projects, and shape services that customers interact with daily. Our team members are conscientious, deep thinkers, always striving to be awesome human beings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, colour, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.
Job from RemoteOk.io