Senior JS TypeScript Developer
You'll form a key part of a team of developers building backend services to support our SaaS eCommerce platforms.
You start your day in a team Stand Up discussing progress you made yesterday, listening to your team members describe their current issues and dropping some knowledge bombs on how you âsolved this last timeâ. Youâre working from home today, so you pay the pet tax and encourage your four-legged-friend wave to the camera before logging off.
First up youâve got a pair-programming session with a Junior Developer in your team to help them through a tough ERP integration that theyâve been working on. Theyâve been steadily improving under your experienced wing and are turning into a really productive team member.
After lunch youâll set your Slack status and turn on Do Not Disturb for a couple of hours while you debug a weird issue with a customerâs site. Thereâs been a change to the out of stock logic recently to support multiple warehouses. You update your unit test suite to cover this unexpected scenario and tell the Project Manager the good news! You push your feature branch to Bitbucket and watch Bitbucket Pipelines build your artifact and prove that your tests pass.
Your JIRA issue has automatically transitioned to âIn Code Reviewâ and you open your pull request, studying your diff carefully before assigning it to your team mate for a sanity check.
Tomorrow (assuming all is well!) youâll merge your pull request into a release branch and let Pipelines deploy it to Staging where it will be regression tested by the QA Team and their bank of automated tests. It should be out to Production by the end of the week, providing we can get through the testing and get client sign off by 2pm on Thursday.
If you read this and it sounds like your ideal job â we want you on the team!
What you'll be doing
The following should give you an idea of how youâll be expected to typically be spending your time. Itâs not set in stone and it may change from week-to-week, but it gives an idea of what is expected from the role.
Software Development (80%)
The majority of your time will be spent working with your team to deliver software that meets the needs of our customers. This isnât time that youâll spend entirely in your editor, thereâs stand up, sprint planning, scoping, architecting and designing that youâll take part in to make sure weâre building exactly what we need in the right way.
Given your experience, a portion of this time is expected to be spent assisting other team members in delivering their work effectively.
Process and Tooling Improvements (10%)
Making sure that we donât sit still and keep evolving the way we build and deliver software is a critical investment of time, particularly from a team member with your experience. Use this time to try that tool you read about and see if itâs worthy of being a part of our toolchain.
Personal Development (10%)
Keeping up with new software releases, development practices, horror stories and post mortems are an essential part of any Software Developerâs time! Use this time to push forward your objectives and research tools and techniques you need to stay productive.
Essential Technical Skills
- Experience with FaaS platforms (e.g. Google Cloud, Azure, AWS, etc)
- Experience with one or more popular Node framework (e.g. Nest, Koa, Express, Hapi)
- Experience integrating with NoSQL data stores (e.g. Cosmo, Mongo, Firestore, Dynamo)
- Working with third-party REST and GraphQL APIs
- Experience of the full software lifecycle
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Advanced experience working with Git
- Advanced knowledge of the HTTP and H2 protocols
- Advanced knowledge of web application security
Essential Knowledge & Experience
- At least 2 years of development experience working in a development team within a commercial environment
- Experience dealing directly with non-technical stakeholders
- Highly motivated with demonstrable technical and analytical skills
- Desire to further technical skills and knowledge
- Attention to detail, commitment and desire to complete a consistently high standard of work
- Advanced time management skills with the ability to manage own tasks to agreed timelines with limited supervision
- Able to clearly communicate complex design and development decisions
- Advanced knowledge of best practice and architecture for complex web applications
- Advanced knowledge of and able to avoid common security issues in web applications
- Able to articulate complex technical solutions with minimal assistance
- Able to design and build complex technical solutions with minimal assistance
- Strong communication skills
Desirable Technical Skills
- Experience with Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience integrating with relational databases (e.g. Postgres, MySQL)
- Experience with APIs that implement HATEOAS+HAL
- Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
- Experience with PCI compliance
- Experience working with servers over SSH
Desirable Knowledge & Experience
- At least 1 years software development experience on an ecommerce platform
- Experience of people management in a fast-paced development environment
- Managing tasks and timelines of a development team, within a commercial environment
- We're fully remote and will support you in working from wherever you like
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays + an extra day's holiday for each year worked
- Your birthday off
- Vitality private health cover (Currently UK only. After one year)
- Pension scheme (UK only)
- Perkbox (Currently UK only. Access to a wide range of discounts and special offers)
- Long service bonus (5 years and 10 years)
- Â£1000 referral bonus - recommend a friend for a job!
- Eyecare vouchers (Currently UK only)
- Company wellness initiatives
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Training and development plans for everyone
- Collaborative, supportive culture led by strong values
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
- Relaxed and friendly team
Job from RemoteOk.io