Reporting to Development Manager
We are seeking a python developer passionate about delivering exceptional products on an agile development team. In this role you will have the opportunity to create, improve, and maintain bleeding edge infrastructure solutions and products that affect thousands of companies around the world. You will work predominantly on our public and internal REST APIs that power our infrastructure solutions. This role is on our Networking Automation team where you will build endpoints allowing users to automate our switches, routers, firewalls, IPs, and other parts of the networking stack. A successful candidate will show a passion for taking ownership of their deliverables and producing fast, well tested code. This offer is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing company with great benefits, rewarding challenges, and a flexible schedule.
- Develop new user-facing REST endpoints
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Maintaining and upgrading existing software and creating new systems in a globally
- collaborative environment.
- Participate in product discussions, influence the roadmap, and take ownership and
- responsibility over new projects to make them happen, including selecting and
- implementing technical architecture.
- Performs or reviews systems analysis, design, programming, testing, debugging, and
- documentation for assigned projects.
- Works closely with customers and other departments to provide support, documentation,
- and user training for new systems and major system enhancements.
Disclaimer: This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity/Veterans/Disabled/
**RECRUITERS DO NOT CONTACT**
Job Type: Contract - 40 hours a week
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- None require
- Python: 5 years (Preferred)
$40k to $100k/ year
$20 - $50 / hr.
- Passion for delivering exceptional user experiences
- Fluent in Python, Flask a plus.
- Knowledge of networking concepts, CompTIA Network+ certification or similar experience.
- Knowledge of JuneOS is preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated experience with modern application design (REST API) and version
- control software (Git, Mercurial)
- Pluses: Docker, SaltStack, OpenStack, Systems Administration on Linux, MySQL, Redis,
- Redux, WebPack
- Degree in Computer Science / Engineering preferred
- 5+ years’ experience as a Python Developer