Senior Software Engineer Front End
The big vision â¨
As a society, we spent the last decade solving delivery and bringing the physical grocery store online. What we missed is the simple fact that food was already online in the form of content in food communities, blogs and forums. In fact, food makes up a large portion of the social media content we consume today.
At Jupiter, we are pioneering food media & content shopping in the US, and in doing so we're building the next version of grocery shopping. In this new version, customers will create, share and shop content directly from food communities where they find affinity. They'll be able to easily plan their meals and shop for ingredients in a single click, as well as share cooking tips with others â a 10x better way to shop that can only exist online.
We use data science and machine learning to automate the repetitive nature of grocery shopping and weâve created a social shopping experience that is unique to the world of food. Join us on our mission to build magical food experiences that are convenient, healthy & fun!
About your role ð«
As a founding frontend engineer at Jupiter, you'll have the opportunity to make foundational decisions around building the product for scale as we grow to 100k+ users:
- Making foundational decisions around the technical vision and architecture to build a beautiful cart experience that feels comfortable and effortless for our customers.
- Working closely with the design and product teams to create product roadmaps for innovative new product flows ranging from ordering, to cooking, to data collection and post order receipts.
- Working closely with the other engineering teams to implement product feature sets related to automation and personalization.
- Working closely with the growth team on communicating value to the new user on sign-up, and helping to make decisions around the staged rollout of features and how the experience should fit to the new user.
- Creating dashboards/reports to track performance of the cart and to log errors as they occur.
- Shaping our practice as one of our early hires, bringing your experience and knowledge of best practices to establish a strong engineering culture as we prepare our stack for scale.
About you ð©âð
You might be a great fit if you
- Have 7+ years of experience in taking customer-facing products from conception to execution, and are excited about doing so again at Jupiter
- Have at least 3 years of experience with either either React, VueJS or Angular
- Have at least 3 years of experience working with a typed language
- Love crafting beautiful user experiences
- Care about writing clean, well-documented code and appreciate static typing
- Have a strong systems design foundation, with a proven track record of applying best practices
- Are ready to be an individual contributor, and have a proven track record of taking ownership to design/build sophisticated systems quickly while working in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have
- Have experience working with a typed JVM language (bonus points if Kotlin), gRPC/protobuf, Micronaut / Spring, and/or relational databases
- Have experience working with Webflow
- Have a proven track record of remote work
Job from RemoteOk.io