Senior Software Engineer
Kintsugi is developing novel voice biomarker software to identify signs of clinical depression and anxiety from short clips of free-form speech. We’re on a mission to scale access to mental wellness for all. Recently featured in Forbes AI 50, Gartner’s Cool Vendor for Responsible AI, and Frost & Sullivan’s Leader in Voice Biomarkers, our footprint in Berkeley, CA is rapidly expanding as we create careers at the cross-section of technology and empathy. Be a part of a team that’s shifting the mental health paradigm. If you’re ready to make a meaningful impact on people’s lives, let’s talk.
About the Team
We’re the wearer of many hats dedicated to helping communities find access to mental health. Our mission is ambitious, and each member of our team has an important role to play in helping us realize it. Meet some of the team members who you will learn and grow alongside here.
You will be part of the Engineering team and contribute to deploying state of the art models and creating a robust back end infrastructure.
Help in developing features for our web backend. Feature categories include:
Help in tenant-specific configuration of documentation and features. This includes:
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Web Backend: Python w/ microframeworks (Flask, FastAPI)
- Machine Learning Framework: PyTorch
- Cloud Provider: Google Cloud Platform
- Version Control Provider: GitLab
- B.S. in Computer Science or other quantitative fields with 3+ years developing production quality code.
- Experience with deploying 1 or more production applications in a cloud environment such as GCP or AWS.
- Experience developing scalable REST API’s communicating with compute intensive applications and backed by relational databases.
- Extensive experience with both one statically typed and one dynamically typed programming language.
- Experience with the deployment lifecycle of web applications (version control, building, testing, containerization, environment configuration).
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A track record of working in a fast-paced environment within cross-functional teams.
- Passion for using cutting-edge AI driven technologies to improve people’s well-being.
- Experience with deploying PyTorch models into compute and latency constrained production environments.
- Experience with multithreading and / or asynchronous programming in Python or Go.