Senior WordPress Developer
BranchLabs is a rapidly growing fully remote eCommerce consultancy. We provide eCommerce strategy, design, and implementation services for our clients. Our clients are generally vertically integrated, branded B2C businesses. We help them sell more online, show their brand in the best light, and optimize their backend eCommerce processes.
Our reputation is built on delivering results. We take pride in the work we produce. The products we deliver are high quality inside and out, and they help our clients capitalize on real opportunities. We work closely with stakeholders on our clientsâ marketing teams, combining their understanding of their customers with our understanding of all things eCommerce. Together, we craft solutions that work for our clients and their customers.
Some Notes on Culture
Here are some of our values. Theyâre always being refined based on what works and what doesnât.
- We value clear, concise communication.
- You can only produce high quality work if you have a clear understanding of the problem.
- Contextâunderstanding our clients and their customersâempowers individual contributors to find better solutions.
- Free up time for interesting problems by automating repeatable tasks and learning your tools inside and out.
- No process for processâ sake. No meetings for meetingsâ sake. But there is a place for both.
- Build or use tools to provide predictability and eliminate boring work.
- Individual productivity is hugely dependent on a minimally distracting, supportive environment.
This is a hands-on, fully-remote programming position. Youâll be working on WordPress/WooCommerce-powered eCommerce sites primarily, with opportunities to work on other eCommerce platforms like Shopify. The core technologies youâll be working with are PHP, HTML, CSS, and JS.
Our projects are generally focused around making large, material changes to our clientsâ sites or designing and developing new sites from the ground up. You'll work closely with our project managers and other developers to design, develop and deploy features and updates that best serve our clients and their customers.
We have quite a bit of work booked for the next few months, so an ideal applicant will be ready to hit the ground running. Despite the amount of work we have, we strive to minimize context switchingâif youâre on a project, you shouldnât expect to be bombarded with unrelated tweaks on other projects here and there.
When you start, this is what you can expect to work on.
- Full WooCommerce site development
- Designing architecture, and implementing features for existing eCommerce stores
- Implementing designs in CSS/HTML/JS
- Configuring WordPress-related middleware services, Redis, Memcached, Varnish, Solr, etc.
- Integrating with 3rd party APIs
These are the must haves.
- 4â8+ years of WordPress experience
- Deep understanding of WordPress best practices
- Hands-on programming experience with WooCommerce
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, and JS
- Git experience
If you fulfill the above and have experience with a few of the below, definitely get in touch.
- Hands-on programming experience with headless eCommerce
- Enterprise software development
- Strong UX/UI chops
- Opinionated about designâvisual and code
- A portfolio of personal projects (not necessarily code related)
Job from RemoteOk.io