Software Engineer Frontend
Looking to do work that matters?
We get it â Itâs why most people come to Cleo. Together weâre fighting for the worldâs financial health, building an AI that helps our users make the best money decisions from day one. Weâve helped 4 million people so far with personalised insights and a voice you donât expect in FinTech. But itâs time to do more.
As we enter the next phase, weâre looking for more improvisers, data geeks and grown ups who want to own their work and create meaningful change.
Weâre looking for a brilliant Frontend React/React Native Engineer with an eye for UI/UX design to join us on our mission to fight for the world's financial health. Youâll be joining a team of adaptable, creative and product-focused engineers who ship working software. We understand our customers, we understand their pain, and we are passionate about helping them.
We're currently hiring for a Senior Frontend Engineer to lead our new Chat Squad. Chat is where Cleo started, and where we see the future. Chat is how we communicate information to our users, breaking down complex financial information into easy, delightful, actionable information. This will be our first squad dedicated to looking at how chat works, the nuts and bolts of the tech and the design around it. Historically, we were inside Facebook messenger, and so a lot of our design decisions and tech works based on that Facebook tech stack. With the app, we can move beyond this, pushing the boundaries of how we deliver information to our users.
##Life as an Engineer at Cleo
- We donât deliberate exhaustively over all the what-ifs. We focus on being effective. We make small changes and test them quickly.
- We think the deliberate, conscious and careful accumulation of tech debt is a powerful tool that lets us ship code and value to our users faster.
- We write code to be read, debugged and maintained by humans.
- We help each other. We learn the best and quickest by reviewing each othersâ code and giving each other useful, constructive feedback.
##What weâre looking for
- Weâre looking for someone who wants to make a positive difference in society by improving the financial health of over 3 million users worldwide.
- We are acutely aware of the position of many of our customers and our role in trying to help and serve them. This means you take the initiative. You are a passionate doer. You own our problems and are always learning.
- You join us in our belief that we donât know everything and empower our colleagues to make progress. Anyone at Cleo can have an idea and weâll support them to test it.
- We are trying to be the change we want to see in the world. You purposefully give energy to those around you and inspire confidence. You create an environment thatâs inclusive and empowers others to do their best work. You respect your colleagues and our customers.
##Why should I apply?
- Thereâs a clear engineering career growth framework. Whether you want to develop your career as a sole contributor or head down the engineering management track, you can grow with us!
- Youâll be joining an open and collaborative team where youâll be heard and get to make a difference
- Youâll be joining a team of respected frontend engineers
- Work where you work best â¦ we work from anywhere in Europe
- Work when you work best â¦ we have flexible hours to enable you to work at your best
- Significant experience building complex customer-facing products for the web or mobile platforms
- Strong experience using React and/or React Native and a deep understanding of state management
- You are product and delivery focused
- You are adaptable and creative, with a commitment to improvement and learning
##What do you get for all your hard work?
- An above market compensation package (Base + Equity). Our range is Â£50k - Â£80k on salary (which is converted into local European currency)
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- Cleo is a culture of stepping up. We want, and expect you to grow and develop. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Youâll have our support in everything you do. But more importantly, youâll have our trust.
- We treat you as humans first, employees second. Because we canât fight for the worldâs financial health, if weâre not healthy ourselves. This means the usual perks but it also means flexibility.
Other benefits include;
- 25 days Annual leave a year + public holidays
- 4.30pm finish every Friday
- Regular lunch-and-learns as part of a general learning culture
- Online courses and internal training to level up your skills like from coding, to SQL, to management training
- Choose your own gear, ask for the tools you need, and weâll seek them out for you
- Cleo socials and activities
- Online mental health support via Spill
- Access to Pushfar - online platform for external mentorship
- A clear career progression path through Progression https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/
- And many more!
We are committed to making Cleo a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We are making continuous changes in order to make sure that all voices, especially those of minorities are heard, supported and celebrated. Our work doesn't stop at hiring, and we are providing every employee with training, support and development throughout their Cleo career, alongside training specific to inclusivity.
Job from RemoteOk.io