Software Engineer, Risk Team
We are creating a global payment network on blockchain.
The existing legacy payments infrastructure that connects banks, merchants, and consumers is outdated and not ready for a future where humans and AIs are going to exchange value in decentralized ways, using a variety of different credit products and currencies.
First, we set out to fix the broken Brazilian payments ecosystem by providing extremely low fees in a highly concentrated and unjust market. Now we are going global, creating ways to process credit card, mobile wallet payments, and lending in real-time using smart contracts for issuing authorization, and settlement of financial products.
Our mission is complex and we are looking for ambitious and talented people to help us shape the future of payments and global financial networks while providing privacy and first-class security for consumers, merchants, credit issuers, bank members.
- You will work with top-level technology and have the opportunity to develop core systems from the ground up. You’ll join a team of friendly and hard-working engineers who are tackling fintech’s biggest problems.
- You will work with great engineers, risk analysts, and data scientists to come up with new ideas for fraud prevention and anomaly detection. You will build scalable infrastructure to enable real-time, low-latency risk management.
- Strong Programming skills. You should have strong programming skills in order to prototype efficient, maintainable and reliable software. We work mostly in Ruby, however, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework
- Web Skills: You should be comfortable working with and developing APIs.
- Architecture Skills: you should know how to go beyond code that works and be able to think and develop systems that are part of a larger environment.
- English communication (Portuguese is not required.)
Desirable, but not a must:
- Experience with predictive modeling, statistical inference, and machine learning
- Experience within the payments industry and/or fraud prevention
- Knowledge in Ruby