Team Lead Client Infrastructure Engineering
Founded by the team that created Wunderlist, Pitch makes it easy for teams to work together to develop beautiful presentations. At Pitch we love what we do, but more importantly we are building something that soon millions of people are about to use and will fall in love with.
Weâre looking for a Team Lead who will play an integral role in building out our CI/CD capabilities and tooling. We're looking for an enthusiastic and experienced servant leader with a passion for developer experience tooling and DevOps practices. Our systems are primarily built on Clojure and ClojureScript, which provides a unique set of challenges and opportunities for this role.
As Team Lead for Client Infrastructure you'll be accountable for building the tools which ease the shipping process for user facing applications. This team works along side our Performance and Build teams to maintain and improve our Continuous Integration and Delivery systems, testing infrastructure, and production monitoring. We aim to equip our frontend teams and engineers with the tools they need for fast feedback cycles while developing features.
Reporting into the Director of Engineering for our Foundation Pillar, you will be responsible for hiring and managing a small team of engineers, providing them with the vision and structure they need to meet the needs of the wider engineering organisation.
If you have hands-on experience of building and managing CI/CD infrastructure and tooling, and are eager to take on ownership of this problem space for a growing organisation, weâd love to talk to you!
What you will do:
- Build out the team which will create and manage the tools and systems which enable the ease of development and fast flow of changes safely to production
- Maintain our organisations delivery cadence as the organisation grows in size and complexity, while also identifying ways to drive improvement in our release and build infrastructure
- Identify tooling needs to help evolve the developer experience, and reduce friction
What you should offer:
- Hands-on experience in building, configuring, and automating systems to deploy web applications
- Knowledge of CI/CD, package managers, code bundling & splitting, automated testing, AWS, production monitoring
- Experience with supporting web stack applications running on cloud infrastructure
- Eager interest in continuous delivery and DevOps principles
- The ability to find your way down to the core of obscure and complicated technical issues and help resolve them
- Passion for working with people, and several years of experience managing a team of engineers and eagerness to continue doing it
- Great communication skills, and a genuine interest in helping others in building their careers
Sounds like a good fit? Join us on our mission to enable every team's best thinking - we look forward to hearing from you!
We value diversity of perspective and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds.
Job from RemoteOk.io