Team Lead Cloud Infrastructure Engineering
The Pitch team is rethinking the way we create, collaborate on and deliver presentations. Built by the team behind Wunderlist, Pitch makes the journey from draft to deck fast, effortless, and fun. After launching out of beta in October of last year, the buzz around Pitch has translated into adoption: more than 25,000 teams have already discovered the beauty and flexibility of our platform.
If youâre excited about planning and rolling out reliable and scalable Cloud infrastructure, youâve come to the right place. As a Team Lead for AWS Infrastructure Engineering at Pitch, you will guide the platform in its journey towards observability and flexibility and ensure that we continue to improve our product in a fast and reliable way.
This is an opportunity to work on a variety of projects across all engineering teams, within a company that is focused on delivering a great product to the user.
What you will be doing
- Set the vision for the product's platform infrastructure as a technical leader
- Lead initiatives for new features with a large infrastructure component, which includes identifying new technologies that will improve security, scalability, reliability and performance.
- Plan and build out our cloud infrastructure to increase resilience and improve mean time to recovery (MTTR)
- Provide subject-matter expertise in Infrastructure-as-Code systems
- Play a key role in handling incidents, and assist the engineering team with troubleshooting infrastructure-related issues
- Improve our Continuous Deployment and Cloud Deployment systems in order to increase our shipping cadence
- Develop technical documentation and best practices to ensure high uptime and to enable frequent application updates
- Build a team of product-driven Infrastructure Engineers
What you should bring along
- 2+ years of working experience of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and its key services (EC2, Route53, S3). Alternatively, you have strong working knowledge of Azure or Google Cloud
- Expertise with CloudFormation (or similar cloud provisioning systems like Terraform, Pulumi or CDK)
- Experience with scripting languages (Bash, Python)
- Deep understanding of IAM and other cloud security mechanism
- Understanding of key application metrics and using them to make decisions
- Ability to work cross-functionally and build strong relationships with the Pitch engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to share and teach
- Experience with building teams and/or organizations
Would be nice to have
- Previous experience with managing infrastructure at scale or working in fast-scaling environments
- Experience with Site Reliability Engineering or Production Engineering
- Working knowledge of the DataDog monitoring service
- Excellent writing skills. Feel free to share a writing sample of any kind of technical writing with us!
Sounds like a good fit? Let us know why you're excited to work with Pitch. We look forward to hearing from you!
We value diversity of perspective and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds.
Job from RemoteOk.io