Tl;dr: Full-time tech leadership engineering role. Define the technical vision + stack for Spoke, and build an engineering team. Hub in Berlin but remote also possible. Competitive salary + stock options.
ð¢ We are Spoke
Work is broken. Thereâs more noise, more Zoom, more duplicate work. Employees and managers alike have less visibility than ever. People are spending 60% of their time on work coordination. Spoke fixes work. Itâs not a painkiller or a vitamin. Itâs a cure. Spoke integrates directly into the places that people work and utilizes AI to smartly summarize and share information, giving teams their time back. Endless updates, tedious stakeholder reporting, and constant alignment meetings are a thing of the past. We are looking for a Tech Lead to join the team and work with us to define the technical vision for Spoke and bring the product to life. We believe that you should own a part of what you build and so offer a competitive salary and stock options. We have an office in Berlin but support remote work anywhere in a Â±3 hour time difference, and already have team members in the Netherlands, Bulgaria and the UK.
ð About the role
All outstanding products require great technical vision and leadership. Your role spans three areas to make this happen:
- Architecture & Technical Vision â Map out the architecture for early versions of Spoke and plan how this can scale to handle large quantities of data in smart way. Plan a secure, fast and seamlessly integrated system and define the stack to support this.
- Implementation & Iteration â Take the Spoke MVP and build upon it, bringing the V1 and beyond to market, with clean code, delivered pragmatically. Coordinate and delegate work across the small, agile team, whilst playing a key role in the building yourself.
- Building a Team & Engineering Culture â Define key roles and build the tech team in your vision. Create an outstanding engineering culture where people are focused on solving challenging problems in a team-oriented way.
ð We offer
- Full-time role with competitive salary
- Own a part of the company with stock options
- Choose to work remote or in-person
- Drinks, snacks, team lunches
- Additional perks
ð©ð½âð» Your profile
- You have 5+ years experience as a software engineer
- You have experience hiring + leading other engineers
- You're comfortable defining outstanding technical architecture
- You build with the customer in mind
- You are impact-focused and care about delivering quickly
- You're comfortable working in a small, agile team
- You balance high-quality code with a pragmatic focus on delivery
- You're comfortable jumping into different engineering challenges to solve problems and remove blockers
ð We'd be particularly delighted to hear from groups that are typically under-represented in the tech field, including but not limited to LGBTQIA, BiPoC, people with a migration background, people with disabilities. We value you for all the things that make you who you are!
Job from RemoteOk.io