Performant Software Solutions, LLC
Web Application Developer
Performant Software is a small but strongly established software company coding in a field known as digital humanities. We partner with scholars in the humanities (literature, history, art, social sciences, law, and architecture) to build software tools for research and teaching. From exploring the built environment of Muslim societies, to mapping Melvilleâs grand tour of Rome, our software helps scholars develop new insights and share them with the world. We have been serving clients across the United States, Europe, and Canada since 2006.
At Performant you will see cutting edge research in the humanities and work on a wide variety of projects. Each day will bring a new challenge and a new reward as you watch projects that enrich the arts, history, and research come to life. Our clients range from those studying highly established authors such as Melville or Shakespeare, to scholars who are documenting the lost graves of African Americans at neglected historic cemeteries.
If you would like to be part of an awesome team and work on fascinating projects with the latest open source web technologies, we would love to talk with you.
Required skills and experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Interest in the intersection of technology and the humanities;
- Ability to work remote with team on US east coast time zone;
- Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
What we offer:
- Health and dental insurance fully covered
- 15 days of paid time off
- Paid holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas
- Flexible work schedule and a great work-life balance
- Annual team meetups in interesting places
Visit our website to apply through our online application. Resume and cover letter are required.
Job from RemoteOk.io