At Exponential Ventures, we're working to solve big problems with exponential technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Quantum Computing, Digital Fabrication, Human-Machine Interaction, and Robotics. If you're interested in these fields, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are looking to create a positive change in the world then keep reading. We're behind the development of several Startups. The Exponential Venture's Founder is the former CTO and co-founder of Startup Foundry where he helped create startups such as Quickly Legal, Respect, Curio, and Crowdspring. We're also behind a few Open Source projects, the most notable being the Network Scanning frontend called Zenmap (formerly known as Umit) that is distributed by all mainstream Linux distributions and is used daily by hundreds of thousands of cybersecurity engineers throughout the world. It has even been featured in the movie Bourne Ultimatum! We know that quality employees are a company's greatest asset, and that is why we don't settle for anything less than the best. If we choose to work together, know that not only you will be allowed to speak your mind and contribute ideas, but you will be expected to do so at all times. We also expect our teammates to strive to grow and take the lead on the projects that we create. Currently, we're looking for an Data Scientist who takes pride in her(is) work and never shies away from impossible problems. If you're looking for trully mind bending hard problems to scratch your itch, look no further. This is a full-time position to work remotely.
Here is what you'll be doing:
- Prototyping and Implementing predictive models
- Working collaboratively, presenting ideas and sharing knowledge
- Writing clean, practical code. We will look to you to solve hard problems while making our code fast, elegant, and awesome.
- Staying up-to-date with technologies so you can suggest new best practices, innovative models, recommend architecture changes, and optimize scalability.
- Helping to innovate and automate tasks and procedures technologies
- Evaluating system performance
- Building strong work relationship with other team members
- Getting paid to solve impossible problems
We're strong believers in cultivating a strong culture and a healthy work environment. Here are the benefits we offer:
- Stock Equity
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Paid Vacation
- Free books (regular, audio, ebooks)
- Time to dedicate on your own ideas and hacking events
- Annual allowance for professional development
Exponential Ventures values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. We are committed to creating a work environment that is welcoming and empowering to all of our employees, and we believe that this is what makes us stronger.
- BS (preferably MS or Ph.D.) in Computer Science or related field
- 5-7 years of Data Science and/or Machine Learning experience on an agile environment with a proven track record
- Experience with Python
- Deep understanding of relational database schema design and performance tuning
- Deep understanding of non-relational database technologies, how to design efficient software that uses them, as well as how to tune their performance
- Experience dealing with large datasets (TB+)