At Exponential Ventures, we're working to solve big problems with exponential technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Quantum Computing, Digital Fabrication, Human-Machine Interaction, and Robotics. If you're interested in these fields, have an entrepreneurial spirit and are looking to create a positive change in the world then keep reading.
We know that quality employees are a company's greatest asset, and that is why we don't settle for anything less than the best. If we choose to work together, know that not only you will be allowed to speak your mind and contribute ideas, but you will be expected to so at all times. We also expect our teammates to strive to grow and take the lead on the projects that we create.
Currently, we're looking for a Frontend Engineer with solid engineering skills, experience working in an agile environment, and an interest in stretching his or her skillsets. This is a full-time position to work remotely or from our office in Austin, Texas.
Here is what you'll be doing:
- Prototyping experimental products and features
- Working collaboratively, presenting ideas and sharing knowledge
- Writing clean, practical code. We will look to you to solve hard problems while making our code fast, elegant, and awesome.
- Staying up-to-date with technologies so you can suggest new coding practices, recommend architecture changes, and optimize scalability.
- Being a leader across several security areas and technologies
- Helping to innovate and automate tasks and procedures technologies
- Evaluating system performance and implementing security improvements as appropriate
- Building strong work relationship with other team members
- Getting paid to create amazing things
We're strong believers in cultivating a strong culture and a healthy work environment. Here are the benefits we offer:
- Stock Equity
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Paid Vacation
- Free books (regular, audio, ebooks)
- Time to dedicate on your own ideas and hacking events
- Annual allowance for professional development
Exponential Ventures values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. We are committed to creating a work environment that is welcoming and empowering to all of our employees, and we believe that this is what makes us stronger.
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 3-7 years of Software Engineering experience in an agile environment
- Deep understanding of relational database schema design and performance tuning
- Deep understanding of non-relational database technologies, how to design efficient software that uses them, as well as how to tune their performance
- Experience creating responsive, single-page applications