What does a Product Designer do at XNV?
And here is what you'll be doing:
• Driving design through data, understanding the reality of production use and experimenting to fine tune usability
• Prototyping experimental products and features
• Implementing strategies for standardizing design patterns across the products
• Know how to follow HEART metrics - Happiness, Engagement, Adopation, Retention and Task Success
• Working collaboratively, presenting ideas and sharing knowledge
• Staying up-to-date with industry best practices
• Translating design decisions into style guides, patterns and reusable components for other teammates to use to build the product
• Building strong work relationship with other team members
• Helping to build a culture that promotes and values design throughout the organization
• Work closely with your engineers to build components that seamlessly fit into a larger component library / style guide
• Help make high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product team
What does a Product Designer bring in his/her backpack?
Here is the professional we're looking for:
• At least 3 years of experience as Product Designer or UX/UI Designer
• Expert proficiency with Figma, Ditto, Analytics, Data Studio and other web design tools
• Strong written and oral communication skills (English and Portuguese)
• Experience working in an agile product development environment
• Knowledge of performance consideration in mobile and web applications
• Strong understanding of mobile UX design patterns for both iOS and Android
• Never afraid to build a quick and dirty prototype to illustrate a concept or experience
• A solid portfolio that shows your ability to solve complex UI/UX problem in an elegant way
• Strong critical thinking, analytical skills and the ability to understand complex business processes
• You can comfortably articulate UX/UI tradeoffs and iterate quickly
• Scrappy start-up, entrepreneurial spirit and desire to continually grow, learn, and stretch beyond your limits is a must for all positions at Exponential Ventures.
• A keen eye for visual UI details
• Ability to think at a about product strategy and vision
You will shine our eyes if …
- Know how to be more productivity using Figma Automations.
- Test your decisions with data using analytical tools such as mixpanel, hotjar, datastudio, analytics and others.
- Know how to create quick presentations with important data about design decisions that you’ve made.
- Document the process clearly for other team members in tools like Notion.
- You have a portfolio or a case study showing your work process, successes, failures, lessons learned and gains.
- Have had or work for a startup in one or more market segments