We are a consulting firm specializing in web design, web development, and custom business software solutions. In business since 1998 we have successfully executed projects for up and coming startups to Fortune 500 companies.
We are looking for a highly talented individual to join our team as our first software quality assurance team member. In this position, you will be responsible for designing, creating, and executing software testing plans and test cases, test methodologies, and test automation that are leading the way in ensuring high world-class products. This is a hands-on Manual and Automation Test position.
The employee will be responsible for:
- Designing a measurable methodology for functional, regression, and acceptance testing of client products and applications developed by Thinklogic.
- Applying the testing methodology to all of our development teams, products and applications.
- Tracking test results and communicating trends in errors to further the knowledge and skills of the company
- Proving the value of quality assurance by monitoring and tracking client identified errors after launch.
- Working closely with project managers to ensure quality assurance practices improve productivity from the development teams.
- Working collaboratively as part of the development team with product managers, software engineers, and architects to define and execute tests throughout the project lifecycle.
- Providing testing guidance to other engineers.
- Defining, creating, and maintaining test data as needed on special projects.
- Responsible for continuously re-evaluating the test strategy to adjust for new information, changing risks, shifting priorities, and schedules.
- Tasks performed will include but are not limited to test planning, manual testing, responsive testing, ADA compliance testing, test automation, test environment setup/teardown, defect logging and verification.
- A high level of initiative and a strong commitment to job knowledge, productivity, and attention to detail.
- Ability to write basic SQL queries.
- Experience writing automation scripts.
- Exposure to automated testing tools.
- Exposure to object-oriented analysis and design.
- Participated in full lifecycle development on large projects.
- Ability to write acceptance criteria for features in simple business language.
- Understanding of Unit, Functional, System, Performance, Technical and Operational testing and the tools utilized.
- Is eager to learn new methodologies and tools.
- Is a cutting-edge knowledge seeker.
- Is familiar with interface testing and mock objects concepts.
- Experience with execution and reporting of both manual and automated test scripts.
- Experience with testing distributed systems.
- In-depth knowledge of the process and skills to produce the tools needed to automate testing..
- Knowledge of programming concepts and practices.
- Ability to work closely with developers and enable them to produce the best application possible.
- Ability to determine estimates of effort and impacts for a variety of solutions.
- Able to pass a standard background check
- A great work environment with talented individuals that will challenge you to become better
- The freedom to learn, suggest and implement new technologies and processes
- Work with a bunch of really great clients that value your time and respect your opinions
- A Casual Work Environment / Unlimited Vacation Days / 401K / Health Benefits / Regular bonus / Education reimbursement / Modern Office / Ping Pong / Basketball / Flexible hours / Dog & Bike Friendly / Company Lunches / Pour Over Coffee Station / All the snacks you can eat / Remote work will be considered